Backpack vacuums are a great choice for homes and businesses alike. These handy appliances can clean up large spaces in a short time. Backpack vacuums are now being preferred by most homeowners over other vacuums. This is because the backpack vacuums are lightweight and easy to use.
The Best Backpack Vacuum For You
Choosing the right backpack vacuum cleaner can be a real task as there are many brands to choose from. Here is a list of the top 10 backpack vacuums that have great reviews on Amazon.
ProTeam Backpack Vacuum
Price – $$$
Weight – 11 lbs
- Less Noise – This vacuum cleaner makes the lowest noise in its class. This vacuum makes only 66 dBA of sound when it is being used. You can listen to music or watch TV while vacuuming as the sound is low enough to hear the audio.
- Harness – The ergonomic harness adjusts according to your motion keeping you comfortable always.
- Powerful Motor – The 9.9 amp motor is powerful and ideal for vacuuming large areas. This vacuum cleaner can be used in schools, cafeterias, colleges or homes.
- Efficient Cleaning – The ProTeam backpack vacuum is great for cleaning hardwood floors and low-pile carpets.
- Long Cord – The 50-foot extension cord on this vacuum makes cleaning large spaces easy as you need not replug it.
- Air Quality – The 4 level advanced filtration with HEPA media filters improves air quality in the home. The fine dust and bacteria are trapped in the filters of the vacuum.
- Poor Quality – This vacuum is made from poor quality materials and is not easy to use. The tools and hose keep falling off when the vacuum is being used. This will create a lot of frustration as they have to be reattached to continue the work. The harness is also made with cheap materials making it uncomfortable to wear.
The 9.9-amp powerful motor on the ProTeam backpack vacuum makes it the best choice for use in large areas. Its 50-foot cord enables you to clean a larger area without having the need to replug the vacuum. This vacuum cannot be used to clean up pet hair or plaster dust as it can clog up the vacuum head. The poor quality of the harness makes it uncomfortable for the user to carry the vacuum for a long time.
Prolux Bagless Backpack Vacuum
Price – $$
Weight – 9. lbs
- Bagless Vacuum – The Prolux backpack vacuum cleaner does not have a dust bag. The dust is collected into the canister and stored away from the HEPA filter.
- Low maintenance – This vacuum cleaner is low maintenance as it needs minimal upkeep. The filters are designed to be self-cleaning and the HEPA filter can be washed. The user only needs to empty the canister after vacuuming to remove dirt and debris from it.
- User-friendly – Using the Prolux bagless backpack vacuum is easy even for first-time users. The vacuum is designed with simple features and attachments to make it user-friendly. The power button on the vacuum is located ideally and is easy to reach.
- Cord – The Prolux Backpack vacuum cleaner has a 35-foot cord.
- Powerful suction – The Prolux bagless backpack vacuum has 40% more suction power than others in its class.
- Cleans up pet hair – Unlike other backpack vacuums, this can be used to clean up pet hair and fine dust.
- Quality – This vacuum is made with high-quality lightweight material that ensures durability.
- Bulky – The Prolux bagless vacuum is quite bulky despite weighing only 9 lbs. This makes it difficult to carry it around on your back for a long time.
- Clogs – The canister fills up quickly with dust and debris making it necessary to clean it out frequently.
- Too hot – The Prolux vacuum generates too much hot air when in use. This makes it difficult to carry the vacuum on your back for use.
The Prolux bagless backpack vacuum cleaner is a low maintenance vacuum. The strong suction power of this vacuum makes it a good choice for use on all types of floors and low-pile carpets. The lightweight body and high-quality harness straps make carrying this vacuum easy. Users sometimes feel too much hot air on their backs while using the vacuum. This makes carrying and using this vacuum cleaner a tiring task. As this is a bagless vacuum cleaner the canister needs to be cleaned as it gets filled with dust.
Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack Vacuum
Price – $$
Weight – 9.2 lbs
- Versatile – You can use the Hoover C2401 as a bagless vacuum or you can insert a disposable paper bag or a cloth liner.
- Special Harness – The harness on this vacuum cleaner has been designed by chiropractors. This harness helps to reduce strain on your shoulders when you are carrying the vacuum.
- Locking – The hose and attachments of this vacuum are securely locked onto the unit. This enables the user to move the vacuum around and use it easily for a long time without needing to reattach them.
- Lightweight – As the Hoover C2401 backpack vacuum weighs only 9 lbs it is quite easy to carry it around. The specially designed harness helps to reduce strain on the shoulders.
- Long Cord – The 50-foot long extension cord helps you to clean a larger area without having to replug it. Users can vacuum different areas without having to plug in the vacuum in a different socket.
- No Attachment for Rugs/Carpets – This backpack vacuum does not have an attachment for cleaning carpets/rugs. Low-pile carpets also cannot be cleaned with this vacuum cleaner.
- Difficult to clean – Cleaning out the canister and the filter bags on this vacuum is a difficult task. The disposable paper dust bags are of poor quality and tear at the seams when being used.
The Hoover C2401 is a great backpack vacuum cleaner for use around the home. The 50-foot long cord allows you to clean the entire home by plugging it in one centrally located power unit. This vacuum cleaner also allows you to choose how you want to use it. It can be used as a bagless vacuum cleaner or a disposable cloth/paper liner bag can be used for dust collection. However, cleaning the canister and emptying the dust bags is quite a messy task. The Hoover C2401 is also notorious for being quite noisy and it can cause disturbance when used.
Powr-Flite BP6S Backpack Vacuum
Weight 12 lbs
- Ergonomic Harness – The backpack harness is designed to fit anybody. The special design of the harness helps to take the weight off your back to reduce strain.
- Quiet – The Powr-Flite BP6S backpack vacuum has a noise level of only 70 dBA. It is a relatively quiet vacuum cleaner that can be used in closed spaces and offices.
- Air Quality – This vacuum has a 4 layered filtration system with HEPA filters. These filters prevent dust and bacteria from entering into the air while vacuuming. Your air quality improves with each vacuuming session.
- Long Cord – The Powr-Flite BP6S backpack vacuum has a 50-foot long cord.
- Less strain – The harness moves the vacuum’s weight from your back to your hips. This helps to reduce strain on your back while you carry it around.
- Toolbelt – The Powr-Flite BP6S has a waist belt that can be used to hold the vacuum’s tools. You can simply attach all the tools you need to the waist belt to avoid searching for them.
- Bad Locking Mechanism – The attachments have a poor locking mechanism. This makes them fall off when the vacuum is being used.
- Non-adjustable Strap – The strap that runs across the chest cannot be adjusted. The strap cannot be moved higher or lower to fit across the chest.
The Powr-Flite BP6S backpack vacuum has a 4 stage filtration and HEPA filters. These filters trap in dust and bacteria effectively improving the air quality indoors. The waist belt saves your energy by letting you attach all your tools to it. This handy belt makes vacuuming around the house a simple task. Many users have reported that the attachment locking mechanisms are very poor. This means that the attachments often fall off when you are using the vacuum. You have to keep attaching them back to continue cleaning.
GV Backpack Vacuum
Price – $
Weight – 19.8 lbs
- Waist Belt – The waist belt of the backpack can hold different tools and attachments. You can avoid making several trips to get the necessary attachments while cleaning.
- Versatile – The GV vacuum has different attachments for cleaning different parts of the home. This vacuum has a pet hair attachment for cleaning pet dander. The carpet cleaning attachment works on all types of carpets/rugs.
- Cord – The GV Light backpack vacuum has a cord of 25 feet only.
- Backstraps – The harness backstraps on the GV vacuum are padded to give you more comfort.
- Large Capacity – This vacuum has 8-quart bags for collecting dust and debris. You can clean more areas without worrying about clogging your filters.
- Poor Quality – The hose of this vacuum cleaner is of poor quality. It breaks and develops tears after a couple of uses. The harness straps are also of poor quality and break easily.
- Not for Commercial Use – The GV Light backpack vacuum is not designed for commercial use like the others. You can use this vacuum in your home and other small areas.
- Noisy – This vacuum cleaner makes a lot of noise like the commercial vacuum cleaners. Using ear protection is advised as the loud noise and can cause ear damage.
The GV backpack vacuum has many attachments that help to clean up different parts of the home. The pet hair attachment is particularly useful as it can pick up animal dander. The carpet cleaning attachment can be used to clean both high pile and low pile carpets/rugs in the home. The poor quality of the GV vacuum makes frustrating it to use it. The hose develops tears and the attachments break easily. Although this vacuum is designed for home use it makes a lot of noise like a commercial vacuum.
Eureka Sanitaire Backpack Vacuum
Weight 20 lbs
- Cord – The Eureka Sanitaire backpack vacuum has a 50-foot long cord. You can easily vacuum the entire house by plugging it in once.
- Comfort – The special design of the harness does not allow much heat from the vacuum to reach the user. As a result, you will feel less hot while using this backpack vacuum.
- Low Noise – The Eureka Sanitaire makes only 69 dBA noise when it is being used. This low noise emission makes this vacuum a relatively quiet one.
- Less Strain – The harness of the Eureka Sanitaire vacuum is designed to provide comfort. The weight of the vacuum is evenly distributed to avoid causing strain.
- Large Capacity – This backpack vacuum has 10-quart dust collection bags. These large bags allow you to collect large amounts of dust and debris as they do not get filled quickly.
- Good quality – The Eureka Sanitaire has a strong body and adequate attachments. This vacuum can be used to clean hard surfaces and low-pile carpets easily.
- Less Attachments – The Eureka Sanitaire needs more attachments to make it more useful. This vacuum cannot clean up fine dust or pet hair as it has no suitable attachments.
- No Waist Belt – The attachments have to be carried separately as there is no storage belt on the harness.
- Heavy – This backpack vacuum weighs 20 lbs which a considerable weight.
The Eureka Sanitaire backpack vacuum is a great product for home use. This vacuum has powerful suction and makes less noise compared to other vacuums. Its 50-foot cord makes cleaning easy as you don’t have to worry about replugging the vacuum. This vacuum works best on hardwood floors only and is not efficient for carpet/rug cleaning. As there is no waist storage belt you have to go and fetch the vacuum attachments when you need them.
ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum
Weight – 10 lbs
- Lightweight – The ProTeam commercial backpack vacuum weighs only 10 lbs. This lightweight vacuum can be carried easily.
- User-friendly – This vacuum has an ergonomic harness that adapts to your motions. This causes less strain on your back and allows you clean for a longer time.
- Low Noise – The ProTeam vacuum makes only 67 dBA when it is being used. This low noise makes it ideal for use in schools, colleges, and offices too.
- Cord – The 50-foot long power cord allows you to vacuum large areas without having to replug it.
- Air Quality – The ProTeam backpack vacuum has ProLevel filtration and HEPA filters. These filters block out fine dust particles and bacteria making the air clean.
- Strong Suction – The 9.9 amp motor on this backpack vacuum gives it a strong suction. This makes the ProTeam vacuum a good choice for hardwood floors and low-pile carpets.
- Adjustable Harness – The harness can be adjusted to fit large waists by using extensions. 10″ and 18″ waist belt extensions are available to accommodate all your needs.
- Loose Attachments – This vacuum does not have strong lock-in mechanisms for its attachments. The hose keeps falling off during use which makes cleaning frustrating.
- No Carpet Attachment – The ProTeam backpack vacuum does not come with a carpet attachment. Users will have to buy a separate attachment for cleaning carpets.
- Small Dust Bag – This vacuum has a 6-quart dust bag. The small size of the dust bag means that it gets filled up a lot faster than the others. You might have to clear out the bag while vacuuming to avoid clogging it.
The ProTeam commercial backpack vacuum can be used for personal or commercial use. The 50-foot cord helps you to clean faster as you don’t have to worry about replugging it after some time. The main drawback of this vacuum is the small capacity of its dust collection bag. The 6-quart dust bag fills up very quickly and needs to be emptied in between the cleaning process. A great feature of the ProTeam backpack vacuum is that it has extendable extensions. These extensions allow bigger-sized users to operate the ProTeam backpack vacuum cleaner.
Atrix-VACBP1 Backpack Vacuum
Weight – 10 lbs
- HEPA Filter – The air quality in the home improves after vacuuming with the Atrix-VACBP1. This is because the 8-quart HEPA filters remove dust particles and bacteria.
- Versatile – The powerful 1400 watt motor on this vacuum cleaner can be effectively turned into a blower. You can attach any one of the 3 blower nozzles for converting the vacuum into a blower.
- Ease of Use – The Atrix-VACBP1 can be used for both residential and commercial purposes. The many attachments and strong suction power of this vacuum make it a great fit anywhere.
- Waist Belt – The Atrix-VACBP1 has a waist belt that can hold attachments. This is a great feature as you can easily carry all the tools you need without having to stop to get them.
- Strong Suction – This vacuum has strong suction that allows it to work well on hard floors and carpets.
- Poor Quality – This vacuum has cheap quality attachments that break easily. The hose does not stay connected to the vacuum and keeps falling off during use.
- 30-day return – The short 30-day return policy makes it difficult to get a refund.
- Small power cord – The power cord is only 3 feet long. You have to buy an extension cord to use this vacuum.
The Atrix-VACBP1 offers the vacuuming experience in its class. This vacuum cleaner can be used for commercial or personal use as it has a powerful motor and suction. This backpack vacuum has a waist belt that can be used to store different tools. Since the power cord is only 3 feet long, you will need to buy an extension cord to use the vacuum easily. The attachments are of poor quality and may break after some time. The 8-quart dust collection bag does not fill up quickly. This allows the users to vacuum for a long time without worrying about clogging the filters.
Sanitaire EURSC412B Backpack Vacuum
Weight – 11.5 lbs
- Low Noise – The Sanitaire EURC412B produces 69 dBA of noise only. This low noise makes this vacuum a choice for use in schools, offices, and hospitals.
- HEPA Filters – This vacuum has 4 stage filtration with HEPA filters. These filters help to purify the air by tapping minute dust particles and bacteria.
- Lightweight – The Sanitaire backpack vacuum weighs over 10 lbs. This low weight makes it easy to carry it around for vacuuming.
- Cord – The power cord of the Sanitaire vacuum is 50 feet long. This allows you to vacuum every corner without needing to change to a different power outlet.
- Waist Tool Belt – The waist belt can be used to carry different attachments and tools for vacuuming. This helps you to avoid making multiple trips to get different attachments. The waist belt also transfers the vacuum’s weight from your back to your hips.
- Carpet Attachment – This vacuum has a dedicated carpet cleaning attachment. The strong suction force helps to remove dust and debris easily.
- Loose Attachments – The attachments do not connect properly with the vacuum. They keep falling off when the vacuum is being used.
- Small Dust Bag – The Sanitaire EURC412B has a small dust bag with a capacity of 6-quart. This dust bag fills up fast and needs to be emptied to avoid clogging.
The Sanitaire EURC412B backpack vacuum is lightweight and has a strong suction force. The sturdy harness and waist belt help to distribute weight to the hips for more comfort. The dust collection bag has a small capacity of 6-quart only. This bag fills up quickly and often needs to be emptied out while vacuuming. The attachments are of poor quality and do not connect securely with the vacuum.
Hoover Portable Vacuum
Weight – 8.3 lbs
- Dust Bag – The vacuum comes with its own reusable cloth dust bag that can be cleaned easily. A disposable paper bag can also be used for convenience.
- Blower – The Hoover portable vacuum has a built-in blower that makes it a versatile machine.
- Cord Storage – The vacuum has a storage compartment on its side for storing the hose. This space can be used to carry different attachments while using the vacuum.
- Compact – The compact design of the vacuum makes it easy to carry it around and clean corners. This vacuum can be used to clean the interiors of your car also.
- Shoulder Strap – The sturdy shoulder straps on the vacuum make carrying it an easy task.
- Poor Suction – This vacuum does not have good suction strength to remove fine dirt. Hair and cobwebs cannot be effectively removed with this vacuum.
- Bad Connection – The connection between the cord clip and the vacuum is bad. The cord clip keeps falling off as it does not fit securely onto the vacuum.
- Bad Design Update – The lever that holds the bag door and the hose to the vacuum has been changed. This lever does not perform both functions now. As a result of this bad design change, operating the vacuum becomes a difficult task.
Hoover vacuums are known for their sturdy design and great performance. This vacuum does not have HEPA filters for improving air quality. The sleek design and easy portability of this vacuum makes it a great purchase. Using the reusable cloth bag is said to improve the suction power of the vacuum.
How to pick the right backpack vacuum
Picking the right backpack vacuum can become an easy task if you know your requirements. A few factors that you should consider before selecting a backpack vacuum are
- Collection size – Backpack vacuums have reusable or disposable dust collection bags. Small-sized collection bags fill up quickly and the user has to stop vacuuming to empty the bag. A collection bag with a capacity of 8-quart or more is ideal as it lets the user clean for more than an hour.
- Weight – The weight of a backpack vacuums is very important as it has to be carried around. Vacuums that weigh around 10 lbs are ideal as they can be carried comfortably by anyone.
- Price – Selecting an expensive backpack vacuum does not guarantee its performance. While picking a backpack vacuum choose one that has good reviews and is priced below $300. These mid-range vacuums work well and come with a variety of attachments.
- Warranty and Support – Like all appliances, the backpack vacuum should be covered by warranty. The warranty should cover the vacuums’ spare parts, attachments, and defective pieces. A good product warranty will ensure that you do not lose money. Reliable customer support will help you in times of need. You can reach out to the support team for help with any queries. It is a good idea to check the product warranty and return time with the support team before purchase.
- Attachments included or not – Buying a backpack vacuum that comes included with all the required attachments and hoses is ideal. This will help the user to get good quality attachments that make using the vacuum easy. In some cases, the user has to buy a few extras and attachments to enhance the functioning of the vacuum cleaner.
- Comfort and Ease of Use – Low weight vacuums with a strong harness offer comfort to the user. Waistbands help to distribute the vacuum’s weight from the back to the hips to reduce strain. Padded shoulder pads add to the comfort of the user as the straps will not dig into the shoulders.
- The backpack vacuums should have a simple design and accessible options. The user should be able to operate the vacuum easily while carrying it on his back. The power button on the vacuum should be strategically placed so that the user can reach it easily. Adding and removing different attachment heads should also be an easy task for the user.
- Suction Power – Backpack vacuums should have a strong motor and good suction power. This is because these vacuums are used on both hardwood floors and low-pile carpets. Backpack vacuums with strong suction power can effectively clean dust from all surfaces.
Are backpack vacuums good on carpet?
It depends upon the type of carpet the backpack vacuum is used on. Most backpack vacuums can clean only thin-pile carpets. This is because proper carpet cleaning attachments are not included in the vacuum. Users have to use the floor cleaner attachment to clean carpets.
What are the benefits of using a backpack vacuum?
- By using backpack vacuums you need not drag heavy vacuum cleaners to different areas of the home.
- Most power cords on the backpack vacuums are around 50 feet long. These long power cords allow you to operate the vacuum in different areas by plugging it in at one power source. There is no need to remove and replug the vacuum at different places in the home.
- Backpack vacuums allow you to clean corners and hard-to-reach spaces in the home. Users can easily slide the attachments below/behind furniture for a thorough cleaning.
- Backpack vacuums help to cut short the cleaning time by half when compared to others.
The Eureka Sanitaire backpack vacuum is the best choice among all backpack vacuums. This vacuum cleaner is ideal for both residential and commercial use. The Eureka Sanitaire makes a low noise of 69 dBA only. The 50-foot power cord makes cleaning an easy as it doesn’t need to be replugged at different spots. The 10-quart dust collection bags on this vacuum cleaner do not fill up quickly or clog. This allows the user to clean for a long time without needing to empty the contents of the dust bags. Extra attachments can be bought to clean up pet hair and fine dust in the home.