Best Central Vacuum Accessories
There are a lot of options for quality and pricing when purchasing central vacuum systems and their accessories currently available on the market today. This can make it hard to find just the right one for the job. If you know what you want out of a vacuum system, then our product breakdown will give you a better idea of which accessories will be perfect for your needs. We provide a complete comparison review based on features, customer ratings, advantages, and disadvantages of each system and accessories on our list.
Product Reviews and Comparisons
35′ “Comet” Central Vacuum Kit with Hose, Power Head & Tools
- 35 foot 1 ⅜ inch inside diameter electric crushproof hose (27% more airflow than 1 ¼ inch inside diameter hose) with a 3-way switch and a soft grip ergonomic handle with strain relief.
- Includes a four-piece tool kit (12″ Floor brush with wheels, Crevice tool, Upholstery tool with removal brush and Dusting brush), telescopic ratchet wand for use with a floor brush, red dust mop, caddy bag to hold tools, wand tool caddy attachment, hose hanger, and wall holder.
- It comes with either a pigtail or direct connect configuration hose. Compatible with any standard 1.5 inches inside diameter wall inlet valve.
- 360-degree swivel handle
- Electronic reset button to protect the motor
- The motor will instantly stop if the brush roller becomes jammed
- Headlight for improved viewing angle
- Bumper to protect baseboards and furniture from impact damage
- Sealed ball bearings for no hair build-up
- Brush roller viewing window
- Non-marking wheels
- On/Off foot pedal switch
- Great suction and superior quality for a moderate price
- Great replacement hose for compatible systems
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Not compatible with the Vacuflo proprietary inlet valve (HP Vacuflo Series 4940, 4949, 4940, 4941) and Budd, Whirlpool, and Black & Decker 1 ¼ inch inside diameter inlet valves.
This lightweight system is moderately priced and provides excellent quality vacuum suction on all flooring types. It is compatible with any standard 1.5 inch inside diameter wall inlet valve, which means that it will not fit as a replacement of the 1 ¼ inch Vacuflo inlet valves. It is easy to maneuver and has a long hose that can reach through most standard size houses without needing to move outlets.
This central vacuum kit is best for someone who is replacing an older, compatible system or for someone who is looking to try this type of kit for the first time and would like quality without needing to pay an exorbitant price.
Customer Rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars from 42 ratings on Amazon
Price Range: $$
GV 30’ Central Vacuum Kit Wessel Werk
- GV 30 foot Central Vacuum kit designed to fit any Central Vacuum System
- Deluxe Tools Included – floor tool, crevice tool, upholstery tool (with slide off brushes), duster tool and tool caddy
- It fits any two-prong direct, pigtail, and non-electrical central vacuum wall connection system
- Double reinforced where the hose connects to the pump handle
- Long-lasting, powerful headlight
- auto shut off if you vacuum up large debris to stop jams
- Steel brush roller
- Reset switch
- The wand is a high-end chrome telescoping wand
- One and two-year hose and power nozzle warranties available
- Six levels to adjust for carpet height
- Universally adaptive to any system
- Works best on hardwood flooring
- The head does not swivel
- Height adjustment tends to get stuck
- Very little instructional material included with the kit
This highly versatile product will fit any system and wall outlet currently on the market, making it ideal for someone who is new at central vacuuming or if they need a replacement accessory. The thirty-foot hose gives plenty of lengths so that you can vacuum your whole house or shop without needing to change outlets.
This is an excellent product for someone willing to pay a little extra for warranty coverage and a universally compatible product. Someone new to central vacuuming systems might enjoy the long-lasting accessories and high quality though it is on the higher end of the price scale.
Customer Rating: 3.3 out of 5 stars from 297 ratings on Amazon
Price Range: $$
Wessel-Werk The Villa Collection 35’ Direct Connect Central Vacuum Tool Kit
- Plastiflex crushproof 35-foot pigtail
- Gas pump handle hose
- Telescopic wand with integrated wiring
- A 13-inch hard floor brush
- Crevice tool
- Elongated dusting brush upholstery tool
- Clip-on tool caddy
- Mesh storage bag
- Hose rack powerhead with height adjustment, headlight, and quick disconnect neck
- 13-inch wide cleaning path
- Chevron brush roller
- 30 pigtail or direct connect hose
- An LED headlight that is brighter and longer-lasting
- Reinforced cogged belt
- Four non-marking wheels
- Air-flow control squeegee
- Five height adjustment levels for carpeting
- Extra-large intake to stop potential clogging
- Works well on all types of carpet
- Good suction
- Excellent range
- Hose material is known to fall apart more easily than cheaper brands
For the price, the hose quality is less than impressive. However, if you are willing to work around that or get a better quality replacement hose, the rest of the system and accessories are excellent. This Deluxe kit comes with a lot of extra pieces that make cleaning even the smallest areas and thickest carpets a breeze.
This is good for someone who wants a high-quality central vacuum kit but does intend to put a lot of tension on the hose, so moving between outlets will probably work better than attempting to reach the entire space from one.
Customer Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars from 30 ratings on Amazon
Price Range: $$
35’ Stealth Central Vacuum Accessory Kit
- Electric power brush
- 35-foot central vacuum hose
- Integrated 8 foot, a 110-volt cord that will fit any standard outlet
- Compatible central vacuum systems with 1.5-inch diameter wall valves
- Direct Connect
- Thirty-day money-back guarantee
- The hard surface tool has a swivel head for hard to reach areas
- Excellent reviews, all accessories included are top quality and long-lasting
- Only compatible with 1.5-inch diameter wall valves
- Fewer accessories despite higher price range
This product only comes with the bare necessities. However, if you need a simple central vacuum kit for your system that is made of quality materials and will last for years, then the Stealth Central Vacuum Accessory Kit will work great for your needs.
A perfect product for someone who does not need a lot of attachments and simply wants a good product that will get the job done and will not need to be replaced anytime soon.
Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars from 8 ratings on Amazon
Price Range: $$$
Cen-Tec Systems 92718 Attachment Kit
- Compatible with all major brands of central vacuum systems that are equipped with industry-standard pin jack inlet valves, including Beam, Electrolux, Vacuflo, Vacumaid, Nutone, Hayden, MD, Canavac, Cyclovac, and Imperium
- Includes two-floor nozzles. One multi-surface nozzle and a premium 12-inch hard floor brush with natural horsehair fill
- Designed to power on and off the central vacuum power unit using industry-standard pin jack inlet valves.
- The wall end fits Nutone and other 1.50-inch-diameter inlets.
- The hose is compatible with standard accessories and any of the industry air turbine nozzles
- Italian made ratchet chrome telescopic wand with a nylon collar and a full set of soft vinyl accessories
- Includes: 5-inch natural fill dusting tool, 13 inches vented crevice tool and 5-inch upholstery tool with a built-in brush strip, and a mesh caddy bag
- Retractable metal rod convenient for storage
- On/off switch on the handle instead of automatically turning on when plugged in (works with most, but not all systems)
- It is not for use with an electric power nozzle
- No powerhead
- On/off switch does not work for Maxum by Vacupro
A very affordable product that comes with quality accessories and a full kit with tools for most purposes. This has delicate brush fills as well as more standard fills for all flooring types. Because this product is compatible with all major brands, it makes for an excellent replacement kit as well. The only downsides are a lack of powerhead, and that it cannot be used with a power nozzle. Otherwise, it is an excellent choice for someone new to central vacuum systems or for someone who has owned many types and is looking for a great, affordable replacement.
This is a great product for anyone using a central vacuum system for their house or shop.
Customer Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars from 63 ratings on Amazon
Price Range: $
Nutone CS500 Combination Carpet & Bare Floor Electric Pigtail Attachment Set
- Carpet and bare floor combination electrical pigtail attachment set
- Deluxe set includes twelve accessories
- Two adjustable wands from 22 inch to 39 inches and 26 inches to 39 inch
- 30-foot current-carrying pigtail crushproof hose
- 13-inch crevice tool
- metal hose hanger, wand hanger, and storage bag
- 6-foot pigtail electric cord that connects to 120V AC outlets
- Deluxe electric power brush (CT700) with motorized roller bar and nylon brushes that include four height adjustments
- Premium twist and turn floor brush (CT158) with a 13-inch wide head and natural hair bristles
- Adjustable-ratcheting wand (CK135) extends from 22 inches to 39 inch
- Looks and feels high quality with great results
- Works great on all flooring types
- The hose cover must be manually placed over the hose after unpackaging
- Wand connector is a plastic resin that can breakdown due to the weight of the powerhead and wand during vacuuming if care is not taken.
For a moderate price, this central vacuum kit will provide excellent deluxe tools for any cleaning needs. It is lightweight but looks and performs like one of the more expensive products. Great for someone who wants to save some money while still getting a quality kit. It works great on all types of flooring materials and is lightweight.
This is a great set for anyone looking to replace an older kit or for someone new to central vacuum systems.
Customer Rating: 4.2 out of 5 from 30 customer ratings on Amazon
Price Range: $$
Ultra Clean Central Vacuum 30’ 2 Way Hose Blackhawk Electric powerhead kit Nutone Beam Eureka
- 2-way crush-proof 30-foot electric hose.
- On/off switch for the powerhead only
- Fits 1.5 inches inside diameter wall valves
- Both pigtail and direct connect configurations available but must be specified by buyer otherwise default is a pigtail
- 110-volt powerhead
- Electric power brush adjusts automatically to carpet height
- 360-degree swivel handle with cord management
- Chromed steel wands with button lock cord management
- Accepts 1.25-inch universal attachments.
- Affordable and provides necessary functions
- Black rubber wrap around the head leaves marks
- No manual height adjustment levels for carpet and auto-adjustment does not always work
- Requires adapter for 1 ¼ inch outlets
- Materials are light and not very dynamic but are able to perform their purpose
A cheap product that provides the necessary tools, hose length, and suction but generally has middling reviews which do not make it good as a long-term replacement or first central vacuum kit. This product is best for a house or shop that does not have any carpet as the automatic height adjustments for carpets do not always work correctly.
Customer Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars from 31 ratings on Amazon
Price Range: $
Prolux 35’ Universal Central Vacuum Hose Kit Powerhead
- Works on all central vacuum systems including Prolux, Electrolux, Honeywell, Vacumaid, Beam, Hoover, Aggressor, NuTone
- Universal premium Prolux 35 foot crush-proof hose
- Ability to turn unit and power nozzle on separately using a three-way switch on the handle.
- Two bonus free extension tools and wands
- The Wessel Werk EBK 360 power nozzle
- Deluxe tools and telescopic wands for extended reach
- Discreet, wall-mountable hanger and storage caddy
- Two-year warranty on power nozzle and one year warranty on hose
- Soft rubber bumper and wheels
- Multi-directional articulation
- Carpet powerhead is sturdy and durable
- Superior quality for the price
- It can take some work to get the hand wand and powerhead pipe separated
This is an excellent choice as an affordable, hard-working central vacuum kit. Many reviews praise the lightweight but durable hose and the articulation of the tools. An excellent product for someone looking to replace or upgrade their current kit. Works great on any flooring type, including lush carpets. A fantastic option for new central vacuum system users that will be sure to last years.
Customer Rating: 4.2 out of 5 from 25 ratings on Amazon
Price Range: $$
OVO Central Vacuum Deluxe Plus Kit, With 30’ Low-Voltage hose
- Cannot be used electrical powerhead or electric carpet beater
- On/off switch control on the handle
- 30-foot low-voltage, crush-proof hose
- Compatible with almost all inlets
- Handle swivels for a more comfortable reach in hard to get to areas
- Air-driven carpet beater
- 12-inch horsehair floor brush for delicate surfaces
- A telescopic wand that includes button lock and adjusts from 35.5 inches to 38 inches
- Tools include: dusting, upholstery, and crevice brush tools
- Deluxe accessory bag and chrome hose hanger for convenience
- 6 height adjustable electric carpet brush
- Combo brush
- Two-year warranty
- Wand and hose are lightweight
- Not compatible with the Beam Serenity Plus system
A great product with excellent range and ability to get to hard to reach areas within your home. Fits most inlets but will need to be checked against non-standard types that may be in older homes. Deluxe brushes and accessories that allow you to get quality cleaning for a fraction of the price. Very affordable and great as a replacement kit or upgrade from a kit that may be wearing out. This is a good choice for new central vacuum system owners who may not want to spend a lot of money right out of the gate while still being able to keep their home spotless.
Customer Rating: 4.9 out of 5 from 23 ratings on Amazon
Price Range: $
Hayden SuperPack Central Vacuum Accessory Kit Replacement (Direct Connect, 35′)
- Includes: Quiet Drive powerhead with a chevron brush roll, 12-inch natural bristle floor brush, upholstery tool, crevice tool, caddy, and hose hanger
- Four-position level adjustment for carpeting
- Pivot and swivel neck design to help reach difficult areas
- Direct connect hose end which is compatible with all electronic outlets
- Hoses come in either 30 foot or 35 foot with pigtail or direct connect ends depending on buyer’s choice
- Functions as expected
- The pigtail style cannot be used for the following inlets: Vacuflo, Sear, Kenmore, and Budd
This central vacuum kit does not have very many accessories or a big draw for such a high price. There are better equipped, cheaper models. However, it is a direct replacement of the Hayden SuperPack, so if that is what you are used to, then you can replace your old one with this model. It is ideal for individuals who have previously used this kit and are okay with the quality and functionality.
Customer Rating: 3.7 out of 5 from 3 ratings on Amazon
Price Range: $$
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you attach central vacuum attachments?
You can attach the accessories directly to the central vacuum hose by following the instructions that come with your kit, or you can use a wand for extended reach if the hose is not long enough or you need more control to be able to get to harder to reach areas.
What is a vacuum wand?
There are two-piece extension and telescopic wand options that you can use with your central vacuum system. These are added to the hose to give length or further control to the user. They can be made out of different materials though generally, they are metal or plastic. These wands can then attach to accessories tools like certain brushes or power nozzles.
How much is a central vacuum?
Most central vacuum dealers will offer a free quote so that you will know the exact price for the system specifications that you desire for the square foot of your building. However, generally, they can cost anywhere from $1,200 to $3,000 for a standard install in an approximately 3,000 square foot home.
The total price will be determined by the size, accessories you want, power unit, how many wall inlets you have, and the hose that you will need to choose based on how well you would like your central vacuum to perform. If you are buying it for a shop instead of a personal home, then you will need to consider that as well when making the decision.
What is the best central vacuum powerhead?
This will depend on what it is that you need it for and what you are expecting out of your central vacuum. If you have a lot of pets and carpeting, then you might need a heavier duty powerhead than if you live in an open plan with hardwood flooring. Make sure that you are buying for your needs rather than just looking to see what online comparison guides are saying is the top powerhead vacuum for the current year. Your local professional dealer will be able to help you find the right powerhead for your home.
Are central vacuum accessories interchangeable?
Sometimes they are interchangeable. If they are and what they are compatible with will be listed on their feature specs.
How do I choose a central vacuum?
You want to make sure that you are choosing from options that offer the correct hose length and type so that it can perform the job that you need to be done in your home or shop. You will also want to look at how powerful the central vacuum is to ensure that it will work well with the power unit you have available. The vacuum kit you choose will need to include tools for cleaning the surfaces that you require, whether that includes needing specific carpet height levels or a certain size of wands to reach hard to get to areas.